A Plea from Captain to Captain UT16

 

YEAR: 52028

SHIP: Matriark II, Super-frigate exploration Class

SUPERVISORY COMPUTER SYSTEM: Guard Drone Eight

LOCATION: Purple Mountains, Hahao

 

Drone Audio Recording

     ORT: We need to talk.

     PINE: That bitch Larkina sent her dog to come and get me did she.

     ORT: I came of my own volition.

     PINE: Go back to your master.

     ORT: What’s wrong with you? You steal a death shower and take a hundred troopers into the wilderness. You think we wouldn’t come and try to reason with you?

     PINE: Reason? Reason? Larkina has lost all reason. She thinks these grey mother-fuckers are peaceful. They have killed one of ours and they have taken another into their lakes. He will not come out alive. The time for reason is over Captain. The time for action is now. We have tracked the raiding party to this lake. We’re just waiting for them to show themselves, and then we will annihilate them. They will know what to expect if they mess with an Earth man.

     ORT: When you’ve killed them then what? If there are more of these lake dens we will have war. How many will you have to kill? We will run out of ammunition at some point and then they will have the advantage. I am not saying we need to be friends with them, but we should defend not attack. You don’t know what will come of killing so many of them.

     PINE: We go back and wait for them to attack. You saw those worms rise through the soil. They are more powerful than hunter gatherers. We need to destroy this settlement. Then we can start to manufacture a steady supply of bullets. That’s the only way to secure the safety of the Matriark.  

     ORT: There is always another way.

     PINE: Even if I come back I know Larkina. My troopers will be pardoned; I will rot in a cell. There’s no coming back for me. You have been sent here to kill me haven’t you?

     ORT: An order was given. I was hoping I could argue your case upon return. I don’t want to kill you. We are friends.

     PINE: We were friends. We came through the ranks together, we were both up for the Prime promotion, but Larkina got it.

     ORT: She was best suited. Twelve humans and three computer systems chose her.

     PINE: She got it because her mother was an admiral, don’t bullshit me.

     ORT: I’m not here to argue about Larkina. Just surrender the weapon and I will leave you to the wilderness.

     PINE: No can do. Look, their mounts are gathering. There planning an attack. Now is the time to strike.

     ORT: The death shower won’t penetrate the water. Give me the targeter.

     PINE: Stay back Captain. This is the only way

     ORT: Give me the targeter, I don’t want to shoot you.

     PINE: There…do what ever you want.

     ORT: You bastard. You don’t now what you’ve done.

     PINE: I’ve killed their horses. That will slow them down. Hey…put the gun down.

     ORT: I’m sorry Pines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE OVERCOAT

SMOKE

Summer Lost