Sub-Captain Pine's Departure



YEAR: 52028 HE

SHIP: Matriark II, Super-Frigate Exploration class

SUPERVISORY COMPUTOR SYSTEM: Exterior Guard Drone Two

LOCATION: Nojo memorial Farms and Gardens

PRESENT:

 

WATCH REPORT

27:00

     PINE: There’s something out there. Red scans all along the wall, hit the flood lights; Safety off boys and girls get to your positions. Larkina are you receiving?

     LARK: Receiving.

     PINE: Have you seen this. Look at them sat on their horses. Well they look like a cross between a horse and a crocodile. There must be a thousand of them; permission to open fire.

     LARK: Permission declined. They have made no attack against us. Evacuate the farmers and hold your position. I’m sending you a linguist.

     PINE: A Linguist?

     LARK: Professor Adams wants to communicate with them.

     PINE: We need a tank not a linguist. I strongly advise against sending Professor Adams anywhere near them.

     LARK: Hold your position; I’m coming down in person.

     PINE: Stay in the ship Captain. You don’t know what they will do. My team have them in our sights. If one of them should cough in our direction I’m dropping every one of them.

     LARK: That’s why I am coming down. I can’t risk you ruining our chance to build peaceful coexistence.

     PINE: What if they don’t want peace? What if they are gathering information? They could be casing us for the main attack. I suggest killing them quick. I request the presence of Sub-Captain Ortner.

     LARK: We can’t risk loosing all three of us. Ortner has to mind the ship.

    

27:15

PINE: The linguist just made it to the wall. What is he doing?

     LARK: He has been instructed to approach the aliens unarmed. Let him out the gate. Keep him covered. If anything happens I will give the order to shoot.

     PINE: Yes Captain.

 

 

27:20

     PINE: He’s got some balls on him that Adams has.

     LARK: I told you this was the best course of action.

     PINE: It’s not over yet. The aliens haven’t opened their mouths. Adams doesn’t appear to be able to get anything from them. Hold on…

     LARK: What’s happening?

     PINE: Worms...fucking worms.

     LARK: Get away from Professor Adams. Shoot everyone open fire.

 

 

DAY NINETY-ONE HAHAO EXPLORATION CHRONICLE

Following the incident at the walls, Sub-Captain Pines had stolen four Bush trucks, and has disappeared with a hundred troopers.

     The Pond Apes came to the walls while Pines was on night-watch. Prime-Captain Larkina initiated an attempt at communication. Professor Adams tried to talk to the Pond Apes. He was unsuccessful. Something must have spooked them. Before the troopers on the wall could react, worms erupted from the dirt and bound themselves around the troopers aiming at the aliens, disabling our guns. Professor Adams was grabbed and thrown over the saddle of one of their mounts. They rode off in the direction of the mountains.

By the time the Troopers were able to free their hands from the worms the aliens were gone. Sub-Captain Pines was furious. He openly lambasted Prime-Captain Larkina in from of the others. She demoted him on the spot. He waited for Larkina to take her sleeping slot then left with a hundred strong force of troopers. All in all, the colony has lost one hundred and three people since the ship landed on Hahao. Everyone hopes Pine’s will see sense and come back.

UT10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE OVERCOAT

SMOKE

Summer Lost